Platinotype - Level I (Basic)
Workshops are conducted by: artist photographer Krzysztof Strzoda
More about the workshop leader: authors website http://kstrzoda.com
The proprietary workshops are a unique opportunity to see the workshop and gain knowledge directly from an artist who has repeatedly participated and won awards in various competitions, including historical techniques competitions.
Date: in 2023 (ask if you are interested in) (standard group 3-5 persons, individual/solo possible)
Workshops duration: 16 hours (Saturday and Sunday)
Price: 350 Euro (incl.VAT/gross price)
Registration/questions: edutechpl [[at]] gmail [[dot]] com
The workshops is dedicated to all those who want to start creating works in historical Platinotype / Palladotype techniques. It is recommended that you complete a "Digital Negative Workshops" before starting your platinotype training.
The aim of the workshops is to teach the basics of making prints in historical Platinotype and Palladotype techniques. The workshops covers theoretical and practical issues of preparing a print of a wide range of colors from digital photographs or scans of analog negatives. You will learn the modern technique of personal preparation of photosensitive materials (covering the paper with a sensitizer / photosensitive solution) and make your own prints in the Platinotype / Palladotype technique.
During the workshops:
- you will learn how to prepare a print using the technique of Platinotype and Palladium printing
- with the help of the teacher, you will prepare two digital negatives for work in the Palladotype / Platinotype technique,
- you will prepare 4 papers coated with a sensitizing solution,
- you will make prints in the Palladotype / Platinotype technique (up to 4 pcs),
- you will get tips for your creative development,
- you will learn what to look for in order to avoid common mistakes at different stages of the process,
- you will learn what factors and how affect the final image (print).
We provide all participants of the workshops with:
- materials necessary to work in the workshops program (reagents, papers, foils, etc.),
- a professionally equipped workshops / darkroom,
- printing of two digital negatives,
- drinks (coffee, tea, juices, water min.) during the course.
At the end, the participant receives a compendium of knowledge from the workshops.
Maximum group size - 5 people
Workshops plan (Basic level):
0. Discussion of the necessary tools, health and safety issues (reading the regulations, safety data sheets and process cards).
1. The process of Platinotype / Palladotype - a summary of the workshops issues.
2. Variants of Platinotype / Palladotype processes (basics).
3. Paper selection and factors influencing the choice of technique (basics).
4. Preparation of a digital negative - SPT and process curve (familiarization with the basics, issues are discussed in detail at the "Digital negative" workshops).
5. Preparation of photosensitive paper - coating (brushing discussed).
6. Exposing, developing and clearing prints.
7. Discussion of basic final issues.
8. Summary of the workshops.
Platinotype - Level I (Basic)